31 st Aug Health Science Business Gateway Launches
BRITISH LIFE SCIENCE SPECIALISTS TO PROVIDE NATIONWIDE SUPPORT FOR OVERSEAS COMPANIES ESTABLISHING UK BUSINESS OPERATIONS
In August 2017 a group of specialist providers of life sciences services, announced an alliance, The Health Science Business Gateway (HSBG), to provide complete and comprehensive support for overseas companies which are looking to establish business operations in the UK.
The members of the HSBG already work with a number of shared clients and the new venture will see them working more closely together and with affiliated organisations to “unlock access” to the UK life science environment and help promote inward investment to the UK. It provides an initial single point of contact to access a comprehensive network of businesses for specialist advice and support in key areas such as Regulation, R&D, Market Development, Technology Assessment, NHS Access, Talent Landscape and Business Law.
Dr Mark Edwards, Chairman of the HSBG commented, “It can be difficult to find the correct types of “hands-on” specialist support to establish and grow in a foreign country. HSBG makes that task easier by acting as the first “National Chaperone” for the UK’s life sciences ecosystem. All its members have been brought together by a collective respect for each other’s expertise and knowledge and a shared ethos to deliver the outcomes companies seek on-time, on-target and on-budget”.
Yvette Cleland, CEO of Clinical Professionals commented, “Earlier this year, EY announced that the UK is still first for foreign direct investment (FDI) in Europe. The Department of International Trade (DIT) stated the UK attracted over 2,200 new inward investment projects in 2016/17 leading to 107,000 new roles being created. DIT has been at the forefront of 80% of these projects. Now, with the publication of the exciting, ambitious and “futures-driven” Life Sciences Industrial Strategy, and as the DIT continues to drive FDI within life sciences, it is essential that we offer a complementary service that acts as a nationwide gateway for investors wishing to investigate the UK as a destination of choice for their expanding life sciences business. We must remain at the forefront of investor choice so we can continue to compete effectively on the world stage and maintain our place as a top Global destination for life sciences”.
Or please visit the website: www.hsbgateway.com
About HSBG’s Founding Members:
1) TRAC Services are an independent regulatory affairs consultancy dedicated to serving the global pharmaceutical industry.
2) BG Healthcare is an experienced Healthcare consultancy, market advisor and leading expert in business strategy and development.
3) Clinical Professionals is Europe’s leading Life Science staffing business, including an award-winning Graduate Academy, industry analytics and knowledgeable expert recruitment.
4) Illingworth Research Group is a Clinical Research Organisation (CRO) providing a wide range of clinical development services including on and off-site research nursing and medical photography services to life science businesses.
5) Roboleo & Co. is an independent consultancy delivering innovative Market Access solutions within the Pharmaceutical and Med-tech market sectors.