We may occasionally need to update our policy, and advise you to review this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any amendments.
This policy is effective from 01/11/2008.
What information is collected?
We may ask for personal information about you or your company in order to provide you with a requested service or download.
This personal information may include:
- your name,
- email address,
- company name,
- company telephone number or mobile number,
- company postal address,
If you sign up to receive a download from us, we will use web beacons in our email responses to you to find out the following information;
- Whether the email address provided is legitimate
- If and at what time you view the email
- If you forward the email to another person
- If you use the link provided to visit our website
A web beacon, also known as a web bug, tracking bug, tracking pixel, pixel tag, 1x1 gif, and clear gif, is an invisible tool which can be placed within an email. We will inform you at the bottom of any email you receive from us if such a tool has been included. We use this tool for marketing purposes, but if you would prefer not to receive such an email, you should avoid requesting an online service from our website.
Links to other websites
How personal information may be used
TRAC may use the information you provide to:
- e-mail requested services
- contact you to promote our services, if you have given consent
- analyse and improve the services offered by TRAC
Who will see my personal information?
We may occasionally use third parties to process the information collected on our website. Any third parties contracted by TRAC will be bound by our data protection guidelines and will not be permitted to use, or pass on your personal information to any company other than TRAC. Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential unless TRAC is permitted or requested to provide data by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Limiting or requesting personal information
If you would not like us to contact you with offers and service information, you may choose to:
- tick the box that appears on the log in page to indicate that you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes, or;
- unsubscribe using the automated link contained within all of our marketing emails, or;
- write to or email us if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You may request to view, change or delete the personal information which we hold about you, under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of up to £10 may be payable and 2 pieces of approved photographic identification will be required.
If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you please send your request to the Data Protection Officer, TRAC Services Limited, Pool Innovation Centre, Trevenson Road, Pool, Redruth, TR15 3PL.
How to contact us
The Data Protection Officer
TRAC Services Limited,
Pool Innovation Centre, Trevenson Road,
Tolvaddon Business Park,
UK TR15 3PL.